Welcome Message

Hello guys^^ At Korean Sarangheyo here you can get all the Korean language lesson from me for FREE, and with all the tips you can get about Korean language and other Korean relate stuff. I'm still learning myself so let's learn together^^ 한국어 화이팅!!! I promise I will make learning Korean As Easy As Possible =)

twitter

여러분 사랑해요

Lesson 05 - How About A Cup Of Coffee?

Posted in , , , , ,


Coffee is actually part of Korean culture nowadays. Most of the Koreans love coffee and you can find coffee vending machines all over cities and street. Culturally Korean always offer to treat each other a cup of coffee and it will be rude if you are having coffee all alone, which brings us to our topic in this lesson. In this lesson, past tense will be used in the conversation.


브루스: 테일러! 커피 한 잔 어때요?
테일러: 미안하지만, 아까 마셨어요.
브루스: 그럼, 케이크는 어때요?
테일러: 아까 먹었어요.


Translate
Bruce : Taylor! How about a cup of coffee?
Taylor: I'm sorry, I had one a little while ago.
Bruce : Then, how about cake?
Taylor: I ate a little while ago.

Explanation:

  1. 커피 한 잔 어때요? - 커피 is coffee. Pay attention to the pronunciation of 커피, don't pronounce it as 코피 which mean nose blood, things might get funny if you going to order 코피 =)
  2. 한 잔 어때요 mean how about a drink. This could refer to any drink such as alchohol, coke, etc. If 커피 is place in front of the sentence then it means "How about a cup of coffee?"
  3. 아까 마셨어요 - 아까 mean a little while ago, 마셨어요 is the past tense of 마시다 which mean "to drink" For explanation of how to convert verb into past tense please refer to my previous post on Korean Past Tense.
  4. 그럼 in this sentence mean "then" or "if that is the case". Bruce ask Taylor again "How about cake?" and Taylor reject his offer by answering "아까 먹었어요" which mean I ate one earlier. Again 먹었어요 here is the past tense of 먹다(to eat).

So learn the "커피 한 잔 어때요?" if you guys want to pick up girls and create a conversation^^ This topic reminds me of a great Korean drama "The 1st shop of Coffee Prince - 커피프린스 1호점". If you guys haven't watch this drama, do check it out =)



The END~

6 comments:

  1. One of my most favorit dramas!!!! Thanks for all the help! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favourite drama too ^^ You are always welcome~ =D

      Delete
  2. awesome article! I have been following your posts on the korean language and feel you explain it very well. i used your " SVO" method for sentences and it works!! I love it. Also your object marker lesson also helped me a lot. I also got confused on that and nobody could really explain the actual rule on when to use the " markings" and when to not use them.

    Perhaps you could make a lesson on how to succesfully start a conversation in korean? Besides some vocabulary words, " object markings", honorifics and how to greet someone, thats all i know. I want to learn how to ask questions in korean to someone to know more about that person and become friends. Because everyone likes friends right :) so yeah. I think a lot of people would like that actually not just me.

    Again awesome blog and i have heard of coffee prince but have never watched it. I will try it though since the guys in the picture look pretty cute XD

    THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow~ This is perhaps the most awesome comment I received =D

      Thanks A Lot for learning Korean from my Blog, and I will definitely consider your suggestion ^^

      Delete
  3. this is awesome...

    more tutorials please.. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks For your compliment ^^

      Will post more lesson soon, please stay tune =D

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails